About Karen Zuegner
Bio | Statement | C.V.
Karen Zuegner • C.V.
• Benefit Auction, Brooklyn Symphony Orchestra, Brooklyn, NY 2006
• Creighton University. Night & Day. 3-person show with Jim Butkus & Rebecca
Herman. Omaha, NE 2006
• Jackson Artworks, Holiday Show. Group show. Omaha, NE. 2005
• Jackson Artworks. Journeys 2. 5-person show. 2004
• Jackson Artworks. Journeys. 5-person show. 2003
• Jackson Artworks. Sejour. 3-person show with Jim Butkus & Rebecca Herman
• Brooklyn Symphony Orchestra Benefit Auction. 2003
• Jackson Artworks, Holiday Show. Group show 2002
• Jackson Artworks. Sejour. 3-person show with Jim Butkus & Rebecca Herman 2002
• Long Island University, Archaeology at Home, one-person show 1996
• Knitting Factory, Traces, one-person show. New York, NY 1995
• Virginia Center for the Creative Arts, Vistas & Visions. 3-person show. 1990.
• Drawings, Long Island University group show, 1991
• KW Work, visual elements in performance piece by Karen Williams. Theatre for
the New City, New York, NY.
• Bronx Museum of the Arts. Artist in the Marketplace Exhibition. group show 1990.
• Maxwell's, Hoboken, NJ. Strange Stories, one-person show 1989
• In the Red Room, one-person show, International House, New York, NY 1986
• New York Studio School, alumni group show, New York, NY 1986
• Fragments of Living, Windows on White, one-person show, New York, NY 1986.
• Brooklyn '86, group show, Brooklyn Museum, Brooklyn, NY. 1986.
• Holiday Show, Morgan Gallery, group show, Kansas City, Mo.
• Pressed, visual elements for dance by Michael Fulwiler, presented at 'Textural
Installations' at NYU Tisch School of the Arts, New York, NY
• New Talent, Morgan Gallery, group show, Kansas City, Missouri.
• Works on Paper, Dance Theatre Workshop. One-person show. 1985
• Art in the Bush, Bush Terminal, group show. Brooklyn, NY. 1984
• Shrine Dances, visual elements for dance by C. Batenhorst; presented at
Juilliard School Production Workshop, New York, NY. 1984.
• Sitting, Spilling. visual elements for dance by Caitlin Corbett, presented at White
Dog Studio, New York, NY. 1984.
• Paintings, Queens College Art Gallery, one-person thesis exhibition. 1983.
AWARDS & HONORS
• Bronx Museum of Arts Artist in the Marketplace Seminar Program, 1990
• Virginia Center for the Creative Arts. Fellowships 1989, 1990, 1992
• Yaddo Fellowship. 1985-1986
• Cummington Community of the Arts. Fellowship 1985
• Skowhegan School of Painting and Sculpture, Skowhegan ME. Fellowship. 1982
• Queens College, Graduate teaching assistantship, 1982-83.
• Kansas City Art Institute, Peter T. Bohan Drawing Award. 1977
Creighton Univerisity, The Creightonian 2006
Brooklyn Symphony Orchestra Archival CDs.
Cover art 2001- 2006
Catalog, Artist in the Marketplace, 1990.
Village Voice, review, Artist in the Marketplace.1990
Retrospective catalog, Windows on White, 1987.
Grace Glueck, "Through a Glass Brightly: Artists' Creations Abound in City's Windows", New York Times, April 25, 1986
Interview, "Profile of Saratoga Springs in Winter, Yaddo segment", Channel 5.
Boston, MA February 14, 1986
• Queens College, New York, NY 1984 M.F.A
• Skowhegan School of Painting & Sculpture, 1982
• Kansas City Art Institute, Kansas City, Missouri, B.F.A. 1979
• New York Studio School, New York NY 1978
• Creighton University, Omaha, Nebraska 1975